Wednesday 18 August 2010

Terror Bird of Paradise: Part 2 (Thumbnails for Final Outcome)


Thumbnails just to start thinking what the Final outcome would look like. I am very drawn to the second-top with a panoramic landscape behind. However, I wanted to show a predatory side to this bird as was described in my made-up brief.
"Requirements of the Brief:
* The Bird must keep a carnivorous profile, ie eyes of a hunting bird and beak to match. I might help to consider what it may hunt
(as you can see I was thinking of island creatures like Galapagos tortoise and even Dodos.)
* There must be some sort of spectacular plumage of a warm colouration (reds/yellows ect)
* Though the creature itself is fictional, it is still prehistoric. Keep this in mind. Don't put a modern species in the background. "
( Tortoises have certainly been around for a long time, the Dodo I'm not sure of. If I ever go with that idea I can always make it into a fictional relation of the Dodo, like an ancestor.)

To have the Panoramic version might make the Terror Bird seem less predatory. BUT, the features (beak, ect) should speak for itself.
At the moment, the Panoramic and the "Tortoise Meal" are at level pegging. I still need to gather research into what a Terror Bird would look like feeding, either by watching Nature Programs like BBC's Walking with Beasts or looking at modern carnivore birds like Eagles and those African Secretary Bird who eat snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment