Monday 14 February 2011

Ruined Hunter: Part 4 ( Start Again and More Background)



I finally figured out what was wrong with the previous layout. One was the way I was colouring the main figures, second was I needed a better lineart and thirdly Adric's pose was awful, just standing there like a tree. So I've completely re-drawn the squirrel into something a bit more lively, flicking through comic books for inspiration and reference. I also decided to make him a bit more muscled, so he looks like he has more of a chance to combat a predator with nothing but a dinky knife.
I'm also looking at that empty space to the right and wonder if I should put anything in there, like a small pile of rubble, just so it doesn't look so dead.

After laying in the flat colour I decided to do a little more on the background and added some more brighter moonlight, trees will later be put behind the wall giving the chance for dapple light later on (if I remember to do so). I have also added some black clouds to fill an otherwise flat sky. Only after I finished did I notice the metaphorical symbolism there, haha!
Shall I add mist? Rubble on the grass or perhaps an extra tomb stone? Moss and/or ivy on the walls and pillars?

No comments:

Post a Comment