Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Desert of Ga-Gorib (Part 2)




As predicted a creature with three forelegs is proving a problem. As I flip the canvas horizontally in Photoshop the problems that I couldn't see in my sketch became more obvious. So I those forelegs needed to be tweaked before I got into the detailing. The eyes were changed as well because before they looked too 'side-on' which is the structure of prey animals (predators have their eyes bang on the front of their face, a bit like humans). It also made it seem like the creature was looking in the direction of the girl, instead of the previous brainless expression from the sketch.



The skin will also have to look a bit more slimy, but for the moment I'm just sculpting the basic form.

All the images below show the process of the basic renders. The end is now in sight, I just have to go over with a second coat and tighten everything up.







No comments:

Post a Comment