Monday 14 November 2011

Sketch Dump and Fishing Werewolves

Below is a couple of sketches. Two are studies of fox heads and wading baboons, which inspired a fishing theme to a werewolf painting I'm doing next. At first I thought the awkward pose of a baboon would look good in a werewolf, as they share that human/beast similarity. However, in the end it looked a bit...well...shit. So I created a bit more of a story (a werewolf defending his line of caught fish from mobbing piranha - a sentence I thought I'd never say) that had a bit more movement and action to it.
At the bottom of all this is a creature head design made from mirroring a random shape in Photoshop. A very quick thing just to warm up. I like the technique though. I may do it more often, for a warm up.






No comments:

Post a Comment