Friday 31 August 2012

Tsarmina Greeneyes Portrait

By the rats beard! I love this painting! This was my second stab at her after the previous painting went all wrong, so I scrapped that and started anew (some of the best decisions are the hardest to make). From the previous painting you can see she had a different fur colour and costume. I got rid of that sticking up collar, I thought it would be really cool looking but the more I looked the more ugly it became. Tsarmina wouldn’t want to wear something ugly, she’s a queen damn it, she’ll wear slick regal stuff.


I think this is also my first attempt at painting gold. Haha! That was a pain. Thanks goes to issue 77 of ImagineFX magazine for a brilliant tutorial, by Lauren K Cannon, that helped me not screw up too badly. I also have to thank ImagineFX’s edition, “Anatomy 2” that helped with the different fabrics Tsarmina sports and how to paint them.
All in all, very pleased with this. Learnt so much from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment