Friday 22 February 2013

Slagar the Cruel Portrait



Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every step you take
Slagar will be watching you...

Here is scraggy Chickenhound - *has a knife thrown at* -yaa! I mean, here is the marvellous, the almighty, Slagar the Cruel! Lord of Double-Dealing! The magical Luna Stellaris! Lord of Light and Dark! Master of Life and -
Monty Python crew: Get on with it!

Okay okay!
Lord almighty he took a while… I never want to deal with a harlequin pattern again!
As you can probably tell I’ve chosen to go with the same pose as the old painting, as I love that pose! I’ve also kept the hand and scarf. Slagar certainly is creepier than before. As I was rereading Mattimeo for some reason I got this sickly perverted personality to him stuck in my mind, not sure why, maybe because his voice is described as rasping.

His design has changed a bit, his eye is creepier and based on the drooping eyelids of Bloodhounds, for those types of dogs have always looked rather sickly to me. The clothing has received a much needed improvement and I’ve tried to make it look a bit raggedy.
Don’t ask me what’s going on in the background, all I know its windy, there is a fire going and there are some raven feathers floating around… hmmm, Kentucky Fried Crow anyone?

"A taker of slaves, and a thief;
I know not what master he served.
Cruel Slagar has come to grief;
T'was all that he deserved."
Slagar's Wiki Page


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character from Brian Jacques’ book Mattimeo
Character Design by Myself.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment