Sunday 3 April 2011

Chimera: Part 1



Flicking through my old Foundation Diploma sketchbook I felt the urge to revise my Chimera project. With a few thumbnails that were similar to the second painting in my series of three, but it seemed pointless to, basically, re-paint the painting. So I mixed it up, taking inspiration from the first painting with the skull, but instead with the scientist's skull instead of that of the creation. Like the paintings before it I want the painting to have a dark tone, but with a cool green colour palette rather than the warm umbers.


ArtRage is my weapons of choice. So far its been enjoyable painting with the thinner setting to 95%, though I got to try and remember not to go too detailed, like I have around the mouth that'll be distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment