Sunday 19 February 2012

Atlas of Jör and Map of Fëylonn




Looky! I've been map making! Something different, no?


EDIT: 14/March/2012:
Here is a bigger version of the Map of Fëylonn


I had an awful moment when I literally face palmed myself to death. In a previous post I mentioned this piece of fiction I was writing, I just asked myself the question "Why am I writing a sci-fi?"...seriously, Yasmin, why were you? To my knowledge, I have only read one sci-fi novel, Iain.M Bank's The Algebraist, and I did not enjoy it... at all. Don't get me wrong, Sci-fi films rock! But, for me, Sci-fi is better as a visual thing. I love fantasy books! I love fantasy everything! My whole days a literally spent thinking of fantasy worlds... why - for the love of god!- was I not writing one then!
* facepalm No: 5,000,000!*
So, back to square uno. Sigh!


Anyway, I’ve renamed the islands/lands and done a detailed map of the area the story takes place. I've used the Lord of the Rings/Middle Earth Map, The Map from Brian Jacques' Redwall, and the Map from Christopher Paolini's Eragon for reference.
The compass is made out of Quez heads (the species of the main character) with the human symbol in the middle (an orb engulfed in blue flame). Before you wonder, no I did not hand draw every tree, I drew a clump then turned them into a stamp brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment