Friday 17 December 2010

"They passed down all the roads long ago..."

" ... and the Red Bull ran close behind them and covered their footprints..."

_______________________
The Unicorn ^

"...She was very old, though she did not know it, and she was no longer the careless colour of sea foam, but rather the colour of snow falling on a moonlit night. But her eyes were still clear and unwearied, and she still moved like a shadow on the sea.
She did not look anything like a horned horse, as unicorns are often pictured, being smaller and cloven-hoofed, and possessing that oldest, wildest grace that horses have never had, that deer have only in a shy, thin imitation and goats in dancing mockery..."
~ Opening chapter of Beagle's The Last Unicorn.

I had to get this done with. So I cracked my head down. I'm not as pleased with the end result as I am with the other two previous, most probably the anatomy seems wrong. Maybe I just prefer to paint dark creatures. *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment