Friday 17 December 2010

Unicorn: Part 2 ( Research and Rendering)







After looking around for horse coats (a special thanks to Citron Vert on DeviantArt for the amazing range of breeds she has posted.) I decided to go with a Kudu-inspired pelt. I thought it looked rather elegant and regal while not being overbearing. I haven't got round to placing the actual patterns yet, wanting to get the rendering complete first.
While rendering I have come to realise how anatomically incorrect the Unicorn is. I must admit I didn't take time to consider anatomy when I came to sketch it, which I am now regretting. I'll just have to remember to be more careful next time. The thick fur was done with the Pencil tool, which I find works well when drawing quick strands of hair.
Oh, and the site's palette has changed for a warm red colour. Nice contrast to the winter cold. About time I updated the banner aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment