Wednesday 19 January 2011

A Ruined Hunter: Part 1 (Final Thumbnail Plans)

Well, well, well... here I was trying to practice action shots and I got this. Not exactly action but the point leading up to it, I suppose. This idea just appealed to me more. Besides, it goes with Vipertooth's nature. She's not evil, nor is she good. She is what she is, a member of a carnivorous family of rats, a born Hunter with predatory instincts. She doesn't believe what she does is wrong, justifying her actions with 'natures law of predator and prey'. That's why in the final thumbnail she has her head held high, not low and snarling like a psychopathic beast that revels in its wrong doing ( like the werewolf paintings I was flicking through for inspiration).
Adric, the albino, obviously thinks she's -basically- evil, seeing as she is hunting one of his companions (the rabbit caught on the gravestone). Evil is a point of few after all. I'm sure the lamb condemns the wolf...but does that label it evil?

The Ruin setting is interesting, basically because it seemed more interesting than just a forest or grassland. Besides, I can't remember the last time I've actually DRAWN a complex background. Its shameful, really. Tomorrow I'm planning to go and sketch an old church that I remember on the outskirts of my town (if I can find it that is.), hidden in some wild verge between farmland. Though the English weather might dampen my plans ( PUN ALARM! )
I will also have to write down the narrative for this scene, just so it makes more sense to me and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment