Wednesday 26 January 2011

Sketch Dump # 1






When was the last time I had a good ol' honest sketch dump... August last year! GASP SHOCK HORROR! Some of these are from my sketchbook and other's from Iscribble (which I have started to record with video, here are the links for the Mutant Donkey and the Martian Fungus - yes I spelt it wrong on the drawing.)

The two images on the top are from my sketch book. There's a nice example of "Happy Accident" in the top image where there is some sort of horse-like creature. This sketch was on the other side of the page of the sketch of the dragon (in the second image) and as it was my first experience with using Pro-Markers, I didn't know it bleeds through the page. However, there was some interesting shapes created with the beige colour, so I incorporated it into the design.
The second image are sketches drawn on fabric (except for the dragon, which was placed in the space I have yet to fill using Photoshop's Multiply layer filter) which I found as an interesting experience. Every stroke is permanent, even pencil is hard to erase. The fabric also reacted to the pro-markers (the creepy critter rabbit) and I liked the bleeding.

Reading Issue 66 of ImaginFX and the pages of Justin Gerard I realised that I have very little sketches of human faces. It was sort of a knife prick in the spleen, telling me I should really practice human faces (and hands and other life drawings). So I'll try to stab myself into that routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment