Friday 13 January 2012

Pesticaudasaur (Sketch)

A fictional azhdarchidae pterosaur species that came from a Pick-a-mix selection of the character Cluny the Scourge and Pterosaur. I also wanted to try out my Coral-Erase pencils for the first time (I love them already! Adds of bit of life and colour to an otherwise monotone sketch).

I was in a pterosaur mood (as seen in a previous sketch), anyway, so it was lucky I got that result. That combined with my favourite fictional character made this an interesting sketch. To the left are some brainstorming sketches to get an idea for the head. As you can see I combined the first with the forth.

Everything about this guy is about intimidation, with its stabbing beak, 'eye' marking on the crest, and the bony growth from the torso for chest bumping/stabbing other males.

Name Origin: I name thee Pesticaudasaur ! Which is Scourge (Pestis) Tail (Cauda) and Lizard (Saur), don't take this as an exact translation because I just ripped the words from the Latin dictionary. Could have gone for Clunisaur (after the character it was based from), but Clunis is a Latin word meaning "Buttocks", lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment