Sunday 7 November 2010

"Butterfly, do you know who I am?"



God, I love that quote from the book (may not be exactly how I wrote it...but hey, don't be picky!)


So, this is my take on the/a Unicorn from Beagle's book, the Last Unicorn. I tried to incorporate some unexpected animals with the design, like a rabbit nose ('coz they make rabbits look so damn cute ^.^) and even a Great Dane muzzle (though it just looked stupid so it was scaled down a lot). My unicorn is also a bit more fluffed in the body, like a mountain goat (I think the book did reference goats for the unicorn's description). For me the thicker pelt adds a bit of wildness and age, based off true wild horses before the taming by man made almost every horse smooth and shiny.

" There has never been a time without Unicorns, we live forever. We are as old as the sky, old as the moon..." ~ Quote from the movie adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment