Sunday 7 November 2010

Red Bull ... gives you wings... O' No She Didn't!



...Oh yes I did!




Well, wouldn't ya know! I had some time to do another sketch. Here is the Red Bull, the last of the character designs I'm doing for Beagle's The Last Unicorn. He has a bison-like mane, cracked horns and hooves and a big ol' manhood! It may sound perverse, but when I was a kid playing with little plastic cattle it was the under-bits that told me what was a bull, so the impression has stuck with me... yep, when I think of bulls I think of the genitals before the horns (as females can have horns just as big) ... Okayyy! Focus off from the vulgar bits.
In the book the Red Bull was described as blind, and in the movie his eyes were white so I suppose that could be taken as blindness. I, on the other hand, thought no point in the eyes being there at all, so got rid of them completely and replaced with some weird horns. The Red Bull is kind of a ghost/phantom it doesn't matter if its unpractical. Besides, he has whiskers! Blind rats can get along almost as normal just by using their whiskers, sensing air vibrations ect, so why not a huge bull?
I also loved his long whippy tail from the film. So I kept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment