Monday 13 September 2010

Damug and Cluny: Part 3 ( Masks Prep )





It looks like a colourful mess, something a 2 year old would vomit if it ate the entire packet of crayons, but there is method to this madness.
I have created two solid blocks of colour for the background and on separate layers I filled in the two figures with one colour. This is so that I can use the Mask tools to quickly select one element of this painting, for example if I wanted to adjust only Cluny I can do so without effecting anyone else.
I then do more precise colour blocks for individual parts of their bodies that I might need to deal with separately, like the clothes and skin. None of these colours will appear in the final thing, it is mainly for quick mask selects, and will be hidden most of the time.
I've never tried to paint something like this so I'm not sure how it will all turn out...

No comments:

Post a Comment