Sunday 19 September 2010

Rodan


Another quick thing, like the line-art before. This time I was looking through my DeviantArt Favourites for inspiration and found a Godzilla piece done by Byo Tenkai ( here for DeviantArt account and Main Website ). She used scratch board which gave amazing texture. I wanted to see if I could get a scratchy feel with digital.

I know some Godzilla and Toho fans are going to "rip me a new one" for making Rodan more bird than Pterosaurs but I was thinking logically. If he fights against Godzilla and those other giant monsters than being a Pterosaurs would be a disadvantage. Membrane is very susceptible to damage (ie, a claw would have no problem tearing through it) and Pterosaurs probably had to mainly rely on air currents to take off. Not a good thing if you need to take off in a hurry, ie, a giant radioactive reptile giving you the evil eye.
So, my Rodan is more of a giant bird, though I've kept his horns.

I haven't seen any of Rodan's movies, I do want to though. Now I have a Multi-Region DVD player I have no excuse not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment