Monday 13 September 2010

Damug and Cluny: Part 4 ( Basic Colour)


That green was too sickly. So the Curves tool was used to lower the brightness of the green without effecting the blue. Its now a lot easier on the eye.


These are the basic colours of the two figures. Damug is from a tribe that trow a two sided sword, one with a straight edge to represent land and the other is wavy to represent the sea, to decide what path the army would follow. So his palette became a cold blue/sea greens with a earthy heavy leather coat. Cluny on the other hand is quite an exotic creature from a far away land, but with dark fur. I got into my mind of chocolate, and how exotic that would be in the drab medieval world, so his colour palette had the rich browns. Also he is found of using animal parts in his clothing (ie, a cloak made from Bat Wings, Skulls ect) so again I used neutral browns/leather colours for his clothing.


The sky is bugging me at the moment. I'm still undecided if I want a high contrast or something more pale. The paleness would blend well with the clouds and contrast with the two characters.





No comments:

Post a Comment