Monday 27 September 2010

Panda Leopard: Part 1 (Research)


< Research sheet composed of sketches for reference later on.







Getting out a copy of "How to Draw Manga Vol.36 : Animals", by Hikaru Hayashi, out I scanned the diagrams of a leopard and panda to compare the body shapes. Laying them on top of each other and lowering the transparency will allow me to quickly plan out the design of this hybrid creature. The rough sketch in the middle was a rough sketch I did last year.

By designing the creature this way made it a lot quicker and meant I could see what works and doesn't accurately. I think the first one (top left) is the better shape overall, though the tail needs to be longer.








Now, with that all out of the way I can start Thumbnail designs in Photoshop for quick colouring and adjustments. Above I have lines indicating where the book spine is and the division of back and front so I can base my design around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment