Tuesday 14 September 2010

Damug and Cluny: Part 5 ( The Little Bits )

It took me a moment to think on how to render the characters, should I use soft light or cell-style shading? In the end it seemed better to use a soft light, keeping with the setting. Damug's eyes also gave me some grief as I wasn't sure how to make them not appear flat and lifeless. They still do, now that I look at them, so they'll be improved. I'm not sure on the cold lighting on Cluny's dark fur, it looks off. So, I'll probably change it to a honey colour like in his crest's highlights (which have an almost erotic sway over me. haha!) It'll oppose him to Damug, but it might turn out better, we'll see.

Cluny's cape, seeing as it is made out of bat wings, needed a bit of reference. The colour was changed and I added veins that are evident in the membrane. I will later add some evidence of stitching because I doubt one continuous sheet of membrane would be possible, seeing as the bones would have to have been cut out.





The grass, Oh Boy! I'm not used to doing grass, at least cartoonish grass. Its hard to decided between hinted blades of grass or lots of individual blades. Well, I did one line of blades with a custom brush I made then duplicated and modified till the bottom of the screen was reached. Then it was far to colourful and distracting so I had to tone it down to the image above. Still not sure about it, I see how it looks with the grass in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment